Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dairy Cow Birthing Center a Big Hit!!

I have been thrilled to see how many people are stopping at the Dairy Cow Birthing Center at the New York State Fair.

Honestly, when my friend Jessica Ziehm first told me about this, I thought folks might be a tad too squeamish to watch a live birth. But boy was I wrong.

Stopped in to the center Friday night and there were at least more than 100 people there waiting for a cow to give birth. Hope they got to see it. I had to leave and missed yet another birth. I've been within 15 minutes of two births so far and not sure when the cow last night finally delivered, but I left the center at a little before 8, I think.

Anyway, congrats Jessica and everyone involved in this endeavor. What a great addition to the fair. And happy birthdays to all the little heifers and bulls.

By the way, in the event you missed it in my first post on the center, go to www.vet.cornell.edu/news/NYSFair and watch the live cam from the birthing pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment