Looking for USDA programs and services that support the growing organic sector? USDA has created a centralized web resource center at USDA.gov for all the programs, services, and data we have that support organic agriculture.
Visit (and bookmark) the organic web resource center at http://usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?contentidonly=true&contentid=organic-agriculture.html to access:
- Conservation programs, flexible microloans, and other financial resources for farmers and ranchers.
- Organic price reports, cost/revenue comparisons, and other economic and market data.
- Improved crop and livestock insurance and other programs tailored to the organic sector.
- Production and conservation assistance and research on organic agriculture.
- Benefits of organic certification and how to get certified.
- USDA staff at your local field offices and much more!
USDA is committed to helping organic agriculture grow and thrive by removing obstacles for organic farmers and businesses.
Earlier this year, Secretary Vilsack instructed all USDA agencies to incorporate the needs of the organic sector into their programs and services, and asked AMS to lead this effort.
This one-stop shop for organic-related programs and services at USDA.gov is one way we are meeting those needs.
Go to http://blogs.usda.gov/2013/12/18/a-one-stop-shop-for-organics-with-lots-in-store/ or check out http://usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?contentidonly=true&contentid=organic-agriculture.html for more information.