Lawyer Cari Rincker will present the program through Lawline.com.
Topics to be covered are:
• Overview of animal cruelty law in New York, including applicable statues and related case law;Anyone interested in participating in this webinar should go to http://www.lawline.com/cle/course/overview-of-new-york-farm-animal-welfare-law to register.
• Seizure of animals under these statues;
• Criminal procedure for police officers and Society for the Prevention for the Cruelty of Animals (“SPCA”) peace officers, including warrant requirements, search and seizure, warrantless arrests, photographic evidence;
• Posting of security for costs of care for seized animals;
• Local animal abuser registries and databases; and
• Tips for protecting farms and building a defense.