UPDATE: There was a tie in the competition held May 17. The two winners are Brewery Ommegang and Roscoe NY Beer.
The five finalists in the Taste NY Inaugural Craft Beer Challenge have been named.
The finalists are invited to attend the final blind tasting event in New York City May 17, which will be hosted and judged by Gov. Andrew Cuomo and a panel of expert judges.
The five final breweries that received the most votes, in alphabetical order, are:
- Brewery Ommegang—Cooperstown, Otsego County
- Genesee Brewing Company—Rochester
- Prison City Pub and Brewery—Auburn, Cayuga County
- The Roscoe NY Beer Co.—Roscoe, Sullivan County
- Southern Tier Brewing Company—Lakewood, Chautauqua County
More than 170 breweries signed up to participate, and more than 42,000 votes were cast online.