But one particular day -- July 17 -- is also National Ice Cream Day.
What is your favorite flavor? Personally, I pretty much like them all.
According to the National Day Calendar website, here are some facts about ice cream:
- Ben Franklin, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were known to have been regular eaters of ice cream.
- First Lady Dolley Madison served ice cream at the Inaugural Ball in 1813.
- 1832 – African American confectioner, Augustus Jackson created multiple ice cream recipes as well as a superior technique to manufacture ice cream.
- 1843 – Philadelphian, Nancy Johnson, was issued the first U.S. patent for a small-scale hand-cranked ice cream freezer.
- It is said that today there are over 1,000 ice cream flavors.