The NAREEE Advisory Board advises the federal Secretary of Agriculture and land-grant colleges and universities on top national priorities and policies for food and agricultural research, education, extension and economics.
The advisory board's main objective is to contribute to effective federal agricultural research, education and economics programs through broad stakeholder feedback and sound science in its ongoing role as adviser to the Secretary of Agriculture.
The following members have been appointed to a 3-year term expiring Sept. 30, 2018:
- National Human Health Association – Dr. Patsy Brannon, Professor and Nutritionist at Cornell University, Ithaca
- National Farm Organization – Don Villwock, Farmer, Villwock Farms and President of the Indiana Farm Bureau, Edwardsport, Ind.
- Food Animal Commodity Producer – Wathina Luthi, Farmer/Rancher of Luthi Farms, Gage, Okla.
- Non-Land Grant College or University with a Historic Commitment to Research in Food and Agriculture – Dr. Annette Levi, Professor and Chair, Agricultural Business Department at California State University-Fresno, Fresno, Calif.
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions – Dr. Agnes Mojica, Chancellor at the Inter American University of Puerto Rico, San Germán Campus, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Transportation of Food and Agricultural Products to domestic and foreign markets – Robert Fay, Vice President of Seminole Gulf Railway LP, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Food Retailing and Marketing Interests –Dr. Molly McAdams, President and Co-Founder of Om3, San Antonio, Texas
- Food and Fiber Processors – Julia Sabin, Vice President of Industry and Government Affairs of The J.M. Smucker Company, Orville, Ohio
- Private Sector Organization involved in International Development – Richard Tracy, Vice President of International Programs, Global Cold Chain Alliance, Alexandria, Va.