Applications are now available for the annual youth recognition awards presented by Jefferson County Youth Bureau Advisory Board in partnership with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Jefferson County.
The 2016 Youth Recognition Awards are presented annually to recognize outstanding achievement of youth and adults who work with and support young people.
There are three youth awards:
1) Youth Leadership Award recognizes a young person who has been involved in leadership roles in the school or community.
2) Youth Overcoming Odds Award recognizes a young person who has made significant improvement representing a long term behavioral or attitude change.
3) Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award recognizes outstanding volunteer contributions.
The three adult awards are:
1) Outstanding Adult Youth Worker is for an individual who has paid employment in the youth service, recreation, or education field and has made significant impacts within a school and/or community.
2) Promising Ability in Youth Services Award is for an individual who has shown outstanding ability and has demonstrated a commitment to a career working with young people. This awardee must have entered the youth service, recreation, or education field within the last three years.
3) It Takes A Community Award is for an adult who is not employed in the youth service, education or recreation field, but has shown an outstanding commitment to bettering the lives of young people and their families.
The application may be found at co.jefferson.ny.us . The application deadline is 4 p.m. Monday, March 21. The applications may be mailed to Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County, Stephanie Graf 203 N. Hamilton St., Watertown, 13601 or emailed to email@example.com.
Contact Stephanie Graf at 788-8450 for additional information.